Who is: William Barr
William Barr helped write the handbook on mass incarceration in the 1990s —that led to a 800% increase of the prison population. William Barr actions left millions of young boys girls of color without father’s something that Mr.Barr should’ve known what the results of his actions would lead to. No excuse
Brief history of William Barr
- Advised judges to give long prison sentences to those convicted of minor drug charges. Those harsh sentencing went on for nearly 25 years, destroying black families. Barr said “There is no better way to reduce crime than to identify, target, and incapacitate those hardened criminals who commit staggering numbers of violent crimes whenever they are on the streets,” The justice system used that as a means to issue out long prison sentences to men and women convicted of non-violent crimes. add that to the fact law enforcement only targeted people in poor communities, people who didn’t have access to the planes and boats that the drugs arrived on.
- His actions resulted in the recent high murder rates in Chicago, New York and across the nation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tUysX6cK_A
- Barrs’ daughter, Mary Daly, works at the U.S. Department of Justice; she serves as the Trump Administration’s point person on the opioid crisis quietly moving up the latter in the American justice system advancing her father views. Once her father is appointed to Attorney General she will definitely be promoted… keep an eye on her.
- William Barr is the custodian and architect of the infamous illegal Guantanamo Bay prison where men continue to be tortured and held indefinitely, not charged of any crimes.
- As serving attorney general for president George H.W. Bush In the 1990s, William Barr, oversaw a program that sent some 12,000 Haitian asylum seekers to Guantanamo Bay, effectively creating what one detractor called “the world’s first HIV detention camp.” After operating for about 18 months, the detention system was forcibly ended by a judge in 1993, but Barr defended the practice as recently as 2001.